If you are set on becoming a coach and interested in professional ICF credentialing, hiring a Mentor Coach is required. I am a Professional Mentor Coach as certified by Coach U, as well as a certified Assessor for Credentialing of ICF.
As defined by the International Coach Federation (ICF), Mentor Coaching is:
Providing professional assistance in achieving and demonstrating the levels of coaching competency demanded by the desired credential level sought by a coach-applicant (mentee).
This involves intense observation, feedback and interaction regarding the mentee’s coaching skills. This also involves real-time observation of a coaching exchange, where the mentor is listening in on the exchange between the mentee and their student(s).
The benefits of the Mentor Coaching Program include:
- Confidential, earnest feedback on coaching skills
- Deep dive into individual coaching strengths and assets
- Easy ability to plug into Moty’s knowledge as a credentialing assessor of ICF
- Professional support honing your coaching ethics and standards
- Expert assistance preparing to successfully pass the ICF credentialing exam